Are harsh temps keeping you and your child idle this winter break?
Warm things up this holiday, by creating a melted masterpiece using a variety of art supplies you may even already have! This is the perfect all-in-one craft project and holiday gift for grandparents!
BioColor Paint is a favorite at our studios! It’s a washable, eco-friendly, water-based paint that can be used to paint on paper, as well as, plastic, wood, foil, cardboard and clay. In addition, BioColor can be used to make silly putty (Click here to learn how to make silly putty with BioColor), puff paint and so much more! BioColor is free of common allergens like latex, dairy, egg, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and soy!
- Small plastic disposable plate
- Dixie cup
- Craft glue (about a half of a Dixie cup full)
- White BioColor Paint (If you don’t have BioColor Paint, no problem! Your snowman can be made without it. He just won’t be as opaque.)
- Ribbon or string
- Craft stick
- Small black beads (snowman’s eyes and mouth)
- Orange straw bead (snowman’s nose)
- Give your child a Dixie cup filled a little less than half of the way with craft glue. Add about 2 tablespoons of white BioColor Paint. Then have your child mix the two together with a craft stick. (NOTE: BioColor Paint is not required for this project. Your snowman will be more transparent if made without the paint.)
- Then, take your ribbon or string and form a loop on the plastic plate. You may need to use a small dab of glue to hold the string in place.
- Now comes the fun part! Pour the paint/glue mixture onto the plate so that it forms a puddle. Be sure it covers the end of the ornament’s string! Use your craft stick to spread and shape the glue.
- Set the beads into the glue-puddle so that they form two eyes and a smile. Then use your orange straw bead for the snowman’s nose.
- Once completed, let your gluey masterpiece dry. Ta-da! Your melted snowman ornament is complete!
Kidcreate Studio is an art studio just for kids that offers children’s art classes,
camps and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years.
Making a mess is the best at Kidcreate!