When Impressionist painter Mary Cassatt was born in the mid-1800’s, women weren’t encouraged to pursue careers in art. Being an artist was a man’s job. How silly! Luckily, Cassatt knew she was talented and was determined to follow her dream.
Cassatt’s favorite subject to paint was women and children. She loved to paint families doing everyday things together.
Tempera Monoprint Project
What you will need-
Pencil or small stick
1) Paint a picture directly on the cookie sheet. Work fast so the paint does not dry!
2) Scratch lines into your painting with the pencil or small stick.
3) Place a piece of paper on top of the wet paint and pat it gently. Try not to wiggle the paper.
4) Starting in one corner, gently lift the paper off the paint. When it is dry, your monoprint masterpiece is complete!
5) If you would like to make another print, wipe the paint off the cookie sheet with the paper towels and start again.
Kidcreate Studio is an art studio just for kids that offers children’s art classes,
camps and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years.
Making a mess is the best at Kidcreate!